Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Nostalgia

I didn't mean for it to be a nostalgic weekend. But it got cold. And Hayes has decided to break the "Kerr mold" and grow as if he were training for some sort of freak baby Olympics. He's big. Big enough to be wearing Ashton's 18m and 2T clothes.  SO - I had to break out the trunk of Ashton's Fall baby clothes. They were folded so neatly. No stains, no wrinkles, no "wear". Remnants of a mama with one baby. A mama who had time to neatly fold and stack clothes in a bin. I truly couldn't help but feel a stinging, emotional swell in my chest. Memories of "Baby Ashton" wearing his corduroy osh kosh overalls, starting to waddle and babble, combined with feelings of "How is this possible?!" when thinking of Baby Hayes now babbling in the same corduroy overalls. Sheesh. It was a bit overwhelming. Honestly, every milestone with Hayes seems to become quite overwhelming for me. I haven't really figured out why. Last baby? Conjures memories of when first two were babies? Not sure. Daddy thinks I am certifiable when he finds me blubbering away over a swaddling blanket or old paci or, yes, cordoury overalls. Hopefully this passes.
 227229

Our first true Fall weekend in Macon. Ahhh. Pumpkin spice lattes, wagon rides, enjoyable yard work and food from the crock pot. True bliss.
 097441
Is it weird that I am going about this post and not mentioning the fact that I haven't blogged in well over a month? Happy Fall Y'all!

0 comments: