Friday, July 29, 2011

The Big Move

I've been putting off this post. Things are hectic, boxes are piled high, we are all a little under the weather and time seems to tick by much faster in Georgia. While those are all great excuses, the truth is this is a hard post. I know I won't be able to adequately portray everything that I want to. There are simply too many memories. Too many stories to tell. Too many "firsts". Nothing will ever compare to our home in Texas. Our first home together. The place where all three of my babies were brought home. The home where they took their first baths in the kitchen sink. The home where... There is just too much. Seven years too much.








Our last night in the house, I walked around tearfully reminiscing. I tucked Emory into her crib for the very last time. I gave Ashton a bath in the bathtub where I learned how to bathe a newborn. I sat down on the kitchen floor where John and I ate our very first meal, picnic style, after sneaking in through a window before we were given our keys.









Ashton taking his last bath in his first bathtub, incredibly thrilled about having his picture taken.
024





The send off committee. Going to miss them more than they could possibly realize.
107





The dead end gang. Determined to make sure these little ones continue to grow up together by way of vacations and skype ;)
081








One more stop to shed a few more tears. Corbin and Cayden. Good thing there isn't a pic of Steph and I. Blubbering messes.
130128



We will miss you, 2909 Morning Brook Way!





053



And then, after many tears and one very longggg drive, we were HOME. New house pics coming up next...

4 comments:

Autumn Mayfield said...

This makes me sad! I am so happy for you all to be closer to home, but this is sad!!! I look forward to your new move posts... (:

Jennifer T said...

Love your post! Even though I'm a mess...it is still a very sweet post. We will miss you guys too! It is so weird to have an empty house next to us right now :(

Sheree Porter said...

Our children are so blessed to have had such a firm foundation on Morning Brook Way for starting their lives together and starting/growing their family. There will be many years of new friends and new experiences for everyone. But nothing will ever compare to this most special and magical time together. Having been on the receiving end of this type of process more times than I want to remember, I can tell you that you will continue on in your wonderful friendships because you are all so committed to one another. You are family. We love you all-- Tiff, Mark & Aidan. Jennifer, Travis & Dominic. Steph, Dennis, Cayden and Corbin. And on and on and on. Thank you for being such wonderful friends and "family" to our children and grandchildren. We will miss you guys too!

Jennifer T said...

Awww! Sheree, you are going to make me cry. You are too sweet. We are going to miss you guys too! Jessica, John, and the kiddos are so blessed to have you guys. You are wonderful parents and grandparents. I can see why they wanted to move closer to home :)