Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Best seat in the house???

When Ashton wakes up from his nap each day, I always hear the pitter patter of his little run on my hardwoods, jogging out to greet me in my various spot in the house. Every day he greets me the same: "Hi mommy. I took a goooood nap! Watcha doing, mommy? Wanna play the cool book or read to me??" Every day. Always the same. Happy, still sleepy-eyed and full of edible, sincere excitement to be with me. Please just freeze time, Big Man Above. Please. Today, I was preoccupied. So, I put on his fave, The Backyardigans, and continued on with my preoccupation. Well, since his momma wasn't available to cuddle him, he found quite the cuddly spot. When I found him and giggled, "Ashton, what are you doing, sweet boy?!" he simply said, "Mom, this is the best seat in the house.". Also known as Baby Hayes' carseat. Oh Lord. Ashton. You are my heart and soul and everything in between. Sidenote - There have been a lot of photos on here lately of Ashton wearing a pull up. I am feeling the need to say that he is fully pottytrained and only wears a pull up for naps and bedtime. Just sayin ;).









020021

2 comments:

Autumn Mayfield said...

I think he is the sweetest! I love how you capture so many of his genuine comments. So when he grows up and is deciding who he will marry...remember there are some good Mayfield girls. {Ha!}

The Kerr's said...

I love it! We would be honored to welcome a sweet Mayfield beauty into our fam ;) We must get our doodlebugs together next time we are in Tally. MUST!