Monday, June 21, 2010

First day of school

Today was the first day of summer school for the kids. It also marked Emory's first day of school, ever. Ashton spent our morning commute naming all of the friends and teachers he looked forward to seeing. Needless to say, upon arrival, he ran into his classroom and didn't look back. Emory, on the other hand, was extremely happy-go-lucky, as she always is when we take Ashton to school, until she realized that the tides were turning on her. As soon as she gathered that we were heading for another classroom, opposed to the exit, she put her sweet little head on my shoulder and wrapped her legs around me super tight. She did not want to stay. At all. Tears were shed. And not just by her. Fortunately I held mine in until I made it back to my car. As expected, her teacher confirmed that it was quite a rough day for the sassy pants. Crying and uneasiness prevailed. She did, however, see her big brother during "mini gym" and I am told that he was quite consoling, hugging her and telling her, "Don't cry, Erm-ry". I know school will get easier for her...and me. I just wish I could fast forward to that moment.
Please pardon this photo. Not my best work. We were all running late and none of my three subjects felt that we had time to stop and smell the roses (much less take some pics) ;)



DSC_0028

0 comments: