Monday, January 09, 2012

when it rains...call a plumber...and a pediatrician.

Why do kids put things in their mouths?  My FOUR year old swallowed a penny today.  Yep, a penny.  Gross.  Trying really hard not to think about all of the funk that was on the penny that he found in the laundry room while he was suppose to be napping.  Eww.  Why, oh why, sweet child.  He immediately panicked, and so did I.  So much so that I pulled his dad off of a conference call, so I could frantically tell him, "Ashton swallowed a penny!!! A penny!!".  Of course, my ever calm and anti-panicked husband tells me to call the pediatrician.  Duh. 

Guess what I get to sift through for the next few days.

Apparently, we need to "put eyes" on that darned penny.  If we don't see it by day four, we will be heading to our local ultrasound tech.  Good times.

Of course I am counting my blessings that the little daredevil didn't choke.  Can't even go there in my mind.

As for the plumber, turns out every time we have used our sinks (located in three different areas) in our kitchen over the past few days, water has been pouring out of a busted pipe in our garage.  Same calm husband discovered said leak.  Thank God. 

Might be breaking out the Cabernet tonight.  And maybe the bourbon before what I'll be doing several times over the next few days...

3 comments:

Brittney Mayfield said...

Oh my!!! So glad he's okay...but best of luck to YOU! (The things that we do!)

Linley Paske said...

When Peyton was about that age we went to a routine well check-up and discovered a green bead in his ear. Apparently he had put it in there during t-ball when he "got bored" in the outfield and found the bead in the grass. Who knows how long it had been in there but luckily the dr was able to get it out. Why is it that little boys must put foreign objects in their orifices? I will say I am glad he picked his ear and not his mouth so that we weren't charged with "finding" said bead. Good luck...

The Smith Family said...

Oh my! Is this what i have to look forward to with a boy?! Good luck!