Monday, October 31, 2011

2 more days.

Can't decide whether to keep this post light and happy or unload what I'm really feeling about this little milestone birthday.  I think I'll unload.  Sorry ;)  To say I am having a hard time with little Haysie's upcoming birthday is a bit understated.  I'm kinda a mess.  Hayes is my last baby.  Those words are even hard to type.  Things feel final. Definitive. Ending.  John is so content with this.  He is ready to raise up our children in the way that they should go and savor every moment and memory along the way.  Me?  I want to cross my arms and pout (and cry ad naseum).  No more rocking in silence for comfort, no more baby fat rolls, no more goo's and gaa's, no more tiny toes, no more...  Two more days.  I promise, next post will be filled with happiness and glee courtesy of the big first birthday.  I know these weepy moments will pass.  Poor Hayes - he is totally going to be taking his prom pics while I'm wailing, taking pictures, repeatedly wiping lipstick off his cheek and telling everyone how cute he was as a baby.  ;)

103055 063035

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

He is so precious! Happy birthday hayes!

Autumn Mayfield said...

Ugh...this makes me want to cry. I think you all should just go on and have a fourth. :)