Monday, July 12, 2010

the beach

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. We are (and have been) in Tallahassee...again. :) One of the highlights of my life happened yesterday. We went to the beach and had one of my favorite days ever. The number of other people on the beach could be counted with two hands. There was no oil, no meltdowns (other than Emory being highly offended by the sand and saltwater at first), and generally not a care in the world! I am pretty sure that Ashton would have pitched a tent and set up permanent residence in we let him, and Emory has found her calling as a "sand shoveler". Between Papa, Grammie, the kids and myself we collected about 10 lbs. of sand in our bathing suits. Absolutely one of my favorite days ever, with my favorite people ever... except daddy. He is sadly in Texas, working hard. There were several times yesterday when I had to consciously stop myself from feeling forlorn and homesick for him. I wish so badly that he could have experienced yesterday with us. We miss you daddy!!

I must credit my mom with some of the pictures below. She has such an incredible eye! Good work, Grammie!



487397399
474
420407
503
701702
362
359327

601346

352661

5 comments:

Jill said...

GREAT shots! Love Emory's little bootie! Had so much fun today and looking forward to tomorrow!!

Katie said...

Love these pics... only thing missing is a pic of you and your 3 little ones :) Love you!

Jennifer Teichelman said...

Awesome! Glad that you are having a wonderful time and making great memories with the fam! See you back in Texas soon :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Your parents are still soooo cute! Love the kiddies, the only thing missing is a belly pic.

Garrett Robinson said...

FC- these are GREAT! How do you post the photos side by side?