Thursday, May 06, 2010

on the fly

It has certainly been one fine day. The kind that isn't planned. Isn't thought out. Completely "on the fly". Love it. I have a very sweet and dear friend from Tallahassee who lives about 5 minutes away and has two children almost the exact same ages as Ashton and Emory. I was talking with my sweet Steph this morning and mid-sentence said, "Hey! Let's go to the zoo!" She immediately said, "OK!!" So, after about 15 minutes of throwing things in bags and loading up a stroller and wagon, off we went. Our perfect plan was totally in motion until we pulled up to the zoo to, oh, about 50 buses. I am not exaggerating at all. At least 50 school buses. Not be detoured from being spontaneous, we unloaded our gear and hit the park. Park is an understatement. Picture green hills, huge fountains, baby ducks, paddle boats, playgrounds, a rehearsing orchestra and gorgeous views of downtown Houston from every angle. It was fabulous. The kids frolicked, splashed and raced. After roughly 4 hours in the sun we headed back to the cars with four hungry doodle bugs. Steph turned to me and said, "want to go the chick-fil-a?!" To which I replied, "you took the words right out of my mouth!" We are such gamers.




Our gear
DSC_0025DSC_0026

Corbin feeding the ducks and Ashton feeding Ashton.
DSC_0073DSC_0082

DSC_0194DSC_0234

DSC_0060

DSC_0295DSC_0061


DSC_0236DSC_0240



DSC_0032

DSC_0282DSC_0274


DSC_0265

DSC_0037

DSC_0254DSC_0261

Girlfriends ;)
DSC_0091DSC_0078

DSC_0200DSC_0196

On the go. AT. ALL. TIMES.
DSC_0108DSC_0147

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Ah...I love days like that-they are the best! And makes me really wish you guys lived here in town!

Caryn said...

It looks like a perfect spontaneous trip! And girl,you are taking awesome pictures!!

Jennifer Teichelman said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm jealous...wish I could've gone too!! Stupid work...17 days 'til school's out!!!!!!!!!