Friday, March 12, 2010

she kissed me!!

FINALLY. I have waited fourteen long months for my sweet little sassy girl to plant a big, open-mouthed wet one on me. And tonight she did! I am on cloud nine. Truly. There is nothing like those first ginger baby kisses. Melts. My. Heart. I remember Ashton doing this earlier than fourteen months. A mother of two (or more) knows that you can make yourself crazy comparing milestones between children. (plus you are totally not suppose to do it. bad mommy alert. your pediatrician tells ad nauseum how every kid is different. and it's true.) Nevertheless, it is too easy to get sucked into the worry and doubt that your second child will ever accomplish a milestone, if it has not been reached by the age that your first one reached it. And so I have worried. But tonight my mind and heart rests easy. She kissed me. Cloud nine...

DSC_0045p

1 comments:

Jill said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! She is a doll and those big wet kisses are the BEST in the universe!