Sunday, January 31, 2010

Heart Milk

His name is Ashton and he is addicted to milk. Heart milk, that is. When Daddy and I took our trip to Napa this past October, Grammie and Papa came to Houston to stay with the kiddies. Grammie (my mom) noticed that Ashton was going through packs of organic vanilla milk like no one's business. And then, one morning, the inevitable. They were out. Before the stores opened. (cue Ashton dramatically flailing himself on the ground in pain and agony). So, my mom being the ever inventive, awesome Grammie that she is, had a brilliant idea. Why not just add a touch of vanilla flavored creamer to some milk, put it in his cup, and call it a day? Hence, the birth of heart milk. Heart milk gained it's name because the creamer bottle that she used that historical morning (I believe it was coffeemate) had a red heart on it. Apparently that night, he stuck his little nose up at the vanilla milk and requested "heart milk". Now, I KNOW it sounds terrible. Giving my child coffee creamer. However, after looking at the label on the organic vanilla milk, I realized he was actually getting LESS sugar AND sodium with heart milk. Score! Sooooo, if your child requires milk ad nauseum, try heart milk. ;)





4 comments:

Jill said...

How smart is your mom? I LOVE that he calls it heart milk!! So so sweet!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out honey! And just want to stress that it's just a smidge of creamer!

Anonymous said...

And my name's not "Michael" -- it's Grammie.

Autumn Mayfield said...

Super great idea! Love it...also, Ashton is REALLY cute! I think Emerson and Ashton need to meet next time you all are in town. :)