Friday, April 24, 2009

Missing My Camera...

Ashton and his boots!






My camera stopped working a few weeks ago, and I am DYING without it! A couple days ago, as I was getting Ashton dressed for the day, he noticed his "boots" sitting in the closet. His boots are these adorable little plaid boots that my mom got him this past winter. He wore them ALL winter and loves them. (The picture is him wearing the boots, during his first trip to the zoo right before Emory Anne was born). So, he saw the boots and insisted that I put them on him...no other shoes would do. He looked so cute walking around in his boots and shorts! Daddy was getting ready to leave for work, which is a terribly hard part of the day for all of us. Ashton HATES when daddy leaves for work, it breaks daddy's heart when Ashton cries for him and reaches his arms out in a desperate attempt to get daddy to pick him up, and mommy is the chopped liver that is left behind to console him after daddy leaves. Very sad. Anyway, as daddy was leaving, we did our normal "bye bye" routine, trying to get Ashton to be upbeat and positive about the situation. As soon as we waved bye bye and blew our final kisses and I shut the door, he immediately RAN to the front window to watch daddy and Jackson (who goes to work with daddy everyday) drive away in the pick-up truck. Talk about a missed camera moment! There is my baby, wearing his boots with his shorts, standing on his tiptoes, with his little hands on the ledge of the window, peering out to watch daddy drive away. It was so sweet. Just ONE example why I need my camera back, ASAP!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. Well at least you are very thorough describer honey. I have the visual, which is ALMOST as good as a picture! Love ya..Mom a/k/a Grammie