Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Thanksgiving

We returned last week from Thanksgiving in the beautiful North Carolina mountains. My "Pema" lives on Mt. Mitchell, just outside of Asheville, and I have spent part of my summers there since I was five, as well as countless holidays. It was so surreal to take Ashton to a place filled with so many of my childhood memories. I truly hope he has the chance to spend a great deal of his time there in the summers to come! We had a wonderful time of just doing absolutely nothing! LOTS of eating and riding four wheelers. John's mom and brother Tripp came and the entire Porter gang was there, minus a few cousins and Aunt Emily, who had to work. :( The weather was chilly, with the highest temp in the forty's. We even had a small snow flurry one night! Below is the best shot of our failed attempt at a nice family picture...



0 comments: